Kirjoittaja Aihe: What prep work are you doing for spring?  (Luettu 4718 kertaa)

turbo banana

• Vakiokävijä
What prep work are you doing for spring?
« : 24.04.13 - klo:01:02 »
It cant all be car polishing and tyre changes!

So what else fills your time other than playing with a Maggot?

Tonight Samuli and i were servicing the boat to get it ready for the liquid sea returning....finally!!

[Ode]

• Kerholainen
  • Konkari
Vs: What prep work are you doing for spring?
« Vastaus #1 : 24.04.13 - klo:01:56 »
Trying to figure where on earth i could store the hardtop for summer..

tuma

• Konkari
« Vastaus #2 : 24.04.13 - klo:02:24 »
Trying to figure where on earth i could store the hardtop for summer..
In your garage  :porvarismoke
NA 1,6l ´91 Classic Red

Mikael

• Vakiokävijä
« Vastaus #3 : 24.04.13 - klo:07:47 »
You can always decorate your room, or cell room if you are living in Otaniemi, with it on the wall! I had a similar issue last year with my hard top :P

As for my prep, I guess I am trying to get that NB registered! If I happen to need to swap my tail lights from UK spec to EURO spec, can someone borrow me some NB tail lights to register it with :D
'99 NB MX-5

ex : '90 NA MX-5

[Ode]

• Kerholainen
  • Konkari
« Vastaus #4 : 24.04.13 - klo:12:04 »
My garage doubles as a bicycle workshop. Last spring i had the hard top there and it got scratched somewhere in the process.  No good.. thumbsdown

tuma

• Konkari
« Vastaus #5 : 24.04.13 - klo:14:43 »
My garage doubles as a bicycle workshop. Last spring i had the hard top there and it got scratched somewhere in the process.  No good.. thumbsdown
Then the garage is too small ;) I have littlebit over 500 squaremeters. Though three offices take some of the space, there is still two storage rooms.  :porvarismoke
NA 1,6l ´91 Classic Red

[Ode]

• Kerholainen
  • Konkari
« Vastaus #6 : 24.04.13 - klo:14:55 »
Then the garage is too small ;) I have littlebit over 500 squaremeters. Though three offices take some of the space, there is still two storage rooms.  :porvarismoke
Tell me about it. It's actually used by me, my brother and two other guys that have passion for cycling. It's in Helsinki, Vallila, so the location is pretty much perfect. Anyways, we decided to rent it two years ago when none of us had cars. At that time, the garage next to us was also free - it was double in size and cost double (120€/month). Of course we picked the smaller one (maybe 4x6 meters or so). Now i've got this little hobby and my brother bought a '87 Porsche Carrera which obviously is going to need some elbow grease now and then. Long story short, the place is crammed with all sort of tools and equipment, spare parts, bicycles, sofa, working bench, fridge, beer, more beer and decent selection of whiskeys.

In 2011...
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/68o8zd0xefl3geb/2011-07-27%2020.49.07.jpg?token_hash=AAFVBYqSTwZt3hpF4EZ-Xoa53vUsA8C8pJegvmU38ZgyLA&dl=1

Kaide

• Pro
  • VAKIOMOOTTOREITA EI TUETA !
« Vastaus #7 : 24.04.13 - klo:16:14 »
Just trying to fill up the wallet so we can buy a lot of high octane fuel for my friends supercharged  496 cu. boat engine  headbang   The miata is getting major upgrades during next winter. Only the suspension will be done asap.
työn alla : 205GTI " MI16"

tuma

• Konkari
« Vastaus #8 : 24.04.13 - klo:16:39 »
Tell me about it. It's actually used by me, my brother and two other guys that have passion for cycling. It's in Helsinki, Vallila, so the location is pretty much perfect. Anyways, we decided to rent it two years ago when none of us had cars. At that time, the garage next to us was also free - it was double in size and cost double (120€/month). Of course we picked the smaller one (maybe 4x6 meters or so). Now i've got this little hobby and my brother bought a '87 Porsche Carrera which obviously is going to need some elbow grease now and then. Long story short, the place is crammed with all sort of tools and equipment, spare parts, bicycles, sofa, working bench, fridge, beer, more beer and decent selection of whiskeys.

In 2011...
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/68o8zd0xefl3geb/2011-07-27%2020.49.07.jpg?token_hash=AAFVBYqSTwZt3hpF4EZ-Xoa53vUsA8C8pJegvmU38ZgyLA&dl=1
My garage isn't used only by me and we have over 30 cars washed there daily (mostly taxis). Other side is only storage garage where my MX-5 sleeps winter time. And of course this is built for work but used also in other purposes  :porvarismoke
NA 1,6l ´91 Classic Red

turbo banana

• Vakiokävijä
« Vastaus #9 : 25.04.13 - klo:18:52 »
Sounds like a good garage space Tuma  food-smiley-004

We are trying to start up a new business for summer with a boat as well Kaide

http://queridacharter.com/

may not be a 496cu supercharged but its not too bad  whistle

tuma

• Konkari
« Vastaus #10 : 25.04.13 - klo:23:54 »
Boat looks very nice, when we have Miata meet there  :david

Garage is kind of nicely equipped but we dont have the (Is don't know the correct word word for 4-pilarinosturi) the "lift for cars". Space is adequate.  :)
NA 1,6l ´91 Classic Red

Samuli

• Guru
  • XII and counting
« Vastaus #11 : 26.04.13 - klo:00:56 »
(Is don't know the correct word word for 4-pilarinosturi)
4 post lifter
Tuurilla ne valtamerialuksetkin seilaa

turbo banana

• Vakiokävijä
« Vastaus #12 : 27.04.13 - klo:19:23 »
a day out or at least a trip on the boat is never to be ruled out,
We have arranged a private island with sauna so a club afternoon out is entirely feasible for a nominal fee of course  ;)