Kirjoittaja Aihe: WTB - NA6 mx5  (Luettu 1835 kertaa)

muzza2

• Juniori
WTB - NA6 mx5
« : 31.05.09 - klo:11:37 »
Moi, Mita kuuluu.

Err, sorry thats as far as my finnish goes for this point in time.

Im moving to finland in / around march 2010 and i would love to buy an MX5.
I've currently got a modified NA6CE in Australia which is forsale  :(
http://mx5cartalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=32911

Just wondering how often these sort of mx5's come up for sale.
it doesnt need to be modified, I can do all that myself, but just a good example of one would be great!

I've had a look in Germany which seams to be quite cheap & reasonable, any other suggestions?

let me know =)
thanks from Australia

moregore

• Ghost Rider
  • Seniori
  • SisäVessa650S
Vs: WTB - NA6 mx5
« Vastaus #1 : 31.05.09 - klo:13:19 »
My message moved to private
« Viimeksi muokattu: 31.05.09 - klo:13:57 kirjoittanut moregore »

Marko

• Hallituksen puheenjohtaja
  • Yleisvalvoja
  • Guru
« Vastaus #2 : 05.06.09 - klo:14:05 »
Welcome to the forum.

Are you going to move permanently to Finland?

I think it's better to buy a MX-5 in Germany than in Finland because of the very high prices here.

There is a car tax in Finland you have pay when taking a car to Finland from abroad. NA MX-5's car tax is relatively low. It's about 1000 euros or less.

There are many Finnish dealers who buy cars in Germany and bring them here. Normally they check cars in Germany and when they find a car that could be suitable for you, they give you a call. If you say yes to that car, they send it to you. The dealers charge about 1000-1500 euros for buying it for you and for sending it to the harbour in Finland. You just pick up the car from the harbour.

So the final price for a NA MX-5 will be about 2000-2500 euros higher than the prices you see in German websites like www.mobile.de and www.autoscout24.de. But normally the agents are able to bargain 300-400 euros for the prices asked in Germany.

Welcome to Finland and join our Miata meetings in the summer of 2010 :)

« Viimeksi muokattu: 05.06.09 - klo:15:02 kirjoittanut Marko »

muzza2

• Juniori
« Vastaus #3 : 06.06.09 - klo:02:02 »
Welcome to the forum.

Are you going to move permanently to Finland?

I think it's better to buy a MX-5 in Germany than in Finland because of the very high prices here.

There is a car tax in Finland you have pay when taking a car to Finland from abroad. NA MX-5's car tax is relatively low. It's about 1000 euros or less.

There are many Finnish dealers who buy cars in Germany and bring them here. Normally they check cars in Germany and when they find a car that could be suitable for you, they give you a call. If you say yes to that car, they send it to you. The dealers charge about 1000-1500 euros for buying it for you and for sending it to the harbour in Finland. You just pick up the car from the harbour.

So the final price for a NA MX-5 will be about 2000-2500 euros higher than the prices you see in German websites like www.mobile.de and www.autoscout24.de. But normally the agents are able to bargain 300-400 euros for the prices asked in Germany.

Welcome to Finland and join our Miata meetings in the summer of 2010 :)

Hey!
Thanks for the reply, looks like my original post got moved. lol, I dunno where, the Finnish langauge is not to strong for me at the moment, however my g/f is teaching me slowly!

For now, the idea is to move permanently to finland starting around March 2010, so once im all set up and have a spare bit of cash, I'll be going to Germany (i think) to look at buying an MX5. Basically with my car, there isnt anything I dont know how to do on it myself, so I cant see why its not going to be a good car to get.
The car I have now has had a full engine rebuild, suspension setup & brakes over-hulled which i've done all myself.

Im sure once I get to Finland I'll be asking around a bit and doing some research on MX5's in Europe in general, you never know, it might even come to me buying a Lotus yet ;) - just may be a bit outside the price range. - although in Australia, you'll still be paying about 40,000 AUD just for a series 1 elise! (about $22k euro)

has anyone else got some suggestions on legal modifications in Finland? - Im planning on modifying the suspension to simlar to what I have here in Australia, so thats basically just a lot of suspension mods.

anyway, Im running late, so thanks for the welcoming guys and hope to speak to you again soon!

Marko

• Hallituksen puheenjohtaja
  • Yleisvalvoja
  • Guru
« Vastaus #4 : 14.06.09 - klo:12:12 »
You can make many legal modifications in NA MX-5's. If you want to modify a car that is 1998 or newer, all parts must have been approved by European Union standards. And it's not easy to find parts with the EU approval. So, I recommend to choose a NA MX-5. Then you can modify brakes, suspension etc.

If you want to turbo your car, choose 1.8 NA MX-5. It's the easiest one to get it through the legislation and it also has a stronger rear end, more displacement, better brakes etc than 1.6 MX-5. There are also 1.6 MX-5's (1994-1997) in Europe that have 90 hp engines. You can't legally turbo these cars.

Lotus cars are rare in Finland because of the high car tax. If you buy one, you have to pay the tax before you can drive it in Finland. Someone has imported a 1.8 Lotus Elise 2002 last year and the car tax was 9004 euro then. The car tax depends on the emissions and on the local prices (in Finland). You never know how much you'll pay when you import a car but can see the payed car taxes here http://www.tulli.fi/fi/yksityisille/autoverotus/taulukot/index.jsp
« Viimeksi muokattu: 21.06.09 - klo:10:03 kirjoittanut Marko »