Kirjoittaja Aihe: BC Racing, V-Maxx XXtreme vai joku muu?? Alusta kadulle/radalle, ~1000€  (Luettu 65175 kertaa)

Timi

• Pro
  • NA6CET
Joo, siis kyllähän toi mun nykyinen tein basic on erittäin miellyttävä kadulla 6/5kg jousilla. Mutta nyt olisi hakusessa enemmän rata-alusta about 10/7 jousilla. P5 ei sitten varmaan ole vaihtoehto.
NA '93 1.6 Turbo Ecoboost

CD

• Konkari
P5:n Sport Drive alustaa tulee parannettuna taas myyntiin ensi vuoden alussa. Näin ainakin Phil on suunnitellut.

Ja sitte mitään kauhean suuria odotuksia en laittaisi sille että näin todella tulee tapahtumaan. Jos suunnitelmat/parannukset ei mene 100% Philin toivomalla tavalla niin se ei laita niitä myyntiin ja sitte aikataulut venähtää.. Mutta kärsivällisyys palkitaan, hyvää kannattaa odottaa jne ;)

Positiivisena asiana tuote on sellainen kuin sen pitää olla (siis millaiseksi se on suunniteltu, virheitä ei sallita) ja takuu pelaa. Tuli äsken mailia Phililtä missä se sano että voin laittaa tolpat sinne päivitettäväksi ja huollettavaksi talven ajaksi jos haluan.

http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=126013
Tossa on threadi missä on lisää tietoa.

Ja tosiaan setti on suunniteltu käyttöautoon jolla käydään radalla.

hrnt

• Kerholainen & Hallitusjäsen
  • Guru
Jos tonni on budjetti ja haluaa alustan kohtuullisessa ajassa, niin väittäisin että BC on se paras vaihtoehto, sitä saa niin kadulle sopivana (BR 8/6 jousilla) tai radalle (BR track 10/8 jousilla) ja jousiks voi valita jotain ilman lisäkustannuksia tilauksen yhteydessä, jos tarjotut ei miellytä. Ite väittäisin että 10/7 voi olla aika optimi jos ajaa radalla ja kadulla, 10/8 jousilla ainakin ite joudun pitämään etuiskarit melkosen jäykällä ja perän taas huomattavasti löysemmällä jotta auton käytös on edes suunnilleen neutraalia. Tai sitte tarttisin selvästi jäykemmän vakaajan eteen...

Hyvin huomas eron mun ja timin auton välillä alastarolla, Timi pysty avaamaan kaasun aikasemin mutkissa, vaikka tehoa on tuplaten meikäläiseen nähden.

CD

• Konkari
Phililtä (P5) terkkuja. Oli kävässyt lukemassa tän threadin läpi translaattorin avulla ja lähetti terveisiä että kaikki on oikeasti kiinni siitä iskarista, ei siitä (jäykästä) jousesta. Pyysi postaamaan tän mx5nutzissa olevan postauksen tännekin.

Sportdrive Adjustable (2012) - 2013 Update

Lainaus käyttäjältä: NigeT
My car recently went into Phil (Performance 5 / SportDrive) to have a couple of things addressed; a very, very intermittent noise from the 2012 SportDrive (adjustable damping) suspension when hitting a very specific type of bump, and an intermittent knock/clunk and some unwanted movement (toe/camber changes) in the offside rear wheel. While the suspension was being updated with the fix he had developed for the bump noise he was also kind enough to offer to update the dampers to his current development specification for the SportDrive non-adjustable damping kit he is developing. I very happily agreed to this and so I now have very strict instructions not to touch the damping control knob.

While doing this Phil discovered the cause of the rear knock and wishbone movement and so he replaced my poly bushes with SuperPros. This had the rather nice side effect of improving the wishbone rotation (many of you will have seen the video).

My MX-5 now feels like the sports car it was always trying to be. It is no comfy armchair but has an excellent balance of ride comfort, control and balance. Despite being more firmly sprung than my wife’s Sport Black I think it is more comfortable around town over broken surfaces. It certainly has more compliance than my Mini JCW commute car and I’d say also more than my Impreza STI had, even on the ASTs (both of which I rate extremely highly). Cornering feels roll free; the car does roll but in such a controlled manner that you rarely notice it. Pitching under braking (and what limited acceleration there is on a standard 15 year old 1.8i) is similarly well controlled and barely noticeable. This all leads to the car staying balanced more of the time, as does the minimal impact of mid corner bumps. It feels like my Impreza’s did – absolutely rock solid and predictable on the road – just lighter and with nicer steering (and better roll control and steering than the JCW).

I should mention the steering; I don’t know exactly the ride height or geometry settings Phil has set the car up with, but it all really works. The steering has excellent feedback but without the harshness and ‘noise’ that you can get with sports suspension (due to the springs and dampers working well). The car is now quite pointy, it steers where you want when you want, and with good weight build up as you wind steering lock on. In the dry I have total confidence that the car will go exactly where I place it and with pretty much any amount  of throttle I choose – probably more so than any car I've owned. In the wet a bit more care is required as always, but the car is not snappy - it feels more manageable than my M3 was when it does start to slide. To be honest I don’t drive the MX-5 in the wet usually (the better to keep the tin worm at bay), so I don’t really know how well the Marangoli ZetaLineas perform in the wet. In the dry the tires seem pretty good and with SportDrive they are pretty much unstickable. Phil says the much improved steering response is in part due to the lower rotation resistance of the SuperPro suspension bushes - basically they allow the SportDrive dampers to start controlling the body movement immediately.

The down side; well I'm pretty sure any hint of fuel economy has gone out of the window and my cheeks are quite sore (I'm not used to smiling so much, although the JCW does also amuse me).

Phil tells me that what I now have is about 90% of where he wants the new non-adjustable damper piston (SportDrive 2014 kit) to be, and as such there is still some improvement to come. He says the new piston, unencumbered by adjuster mechanism, will allow him to fine tune the damping rates more effectively and have complete control of the transition from low to high speed, specifically in bump. I for one will be more than happy to pay for my adjustables to be upgraded to the non-adjustable dampers if this is possible once Phil has the production parts available.

Any review or recommendation is subjective, personal opinion, and as such is no substitute for first-hand experience. I learnt this at my own expense with the first suspension kit I had fitted to my mk1 MX-5 which had great reviews on forums (and to my constant amazement still does). I am willing to give passenger rides to people interested at my convenience from my home near Wallingford / Watlington in South Oxfordshire. I'm also booked into a track day at Bedford on 2nd September, and Abingdon on 20th September if anyone is going to them.

A bit of my motoring background in case it helps understand my perspective. I've owned a Peugeot 205 GTi, 309 GTi and 106 Rallye (the earlier one with the better, smaller, engine), Alfa Romeo 145 Cloverleaf (we all need to have owned an Alfa) MY 2000 Subaru Impreza Turbo (various modifications including Prodrive Performance Pack, Powerflex poly-bushes throughout, Eibach springs…), BMW E46 M3, Ford Focus ST3, 2007 Subaru Impreza (on AST suspension for the last year or so), since March this year a MY 2013 Mini John Cooper Works Hatch and just recently I added an old 2002 5 door D-4D RAV-4 for general duties (getting out  of the drive to the road if it snows…, carting stuff about…). I got my MX-5 in 2006 while waiting for the Focus to be built and kept it and started getting it modified in 2007. My wife has had a mk1 MX-5 1.8i, Euphonic 1.8i, 20007 mk3 Sport (nasty handling beast) and currently a 2012 Sport Black (much better handling but still with a touch of floatiness, a bit of harshness and horrible amounts of roll and pitch).

Lastly I would like to commend Phil for his patience, advice, helpfulness, the quality work that he always does and for really standing behind his product and developing it on,  :goodjob:

Cheers,
     Nigel.

[Ode]

• Kerholainen
  • Konkari
Onko ollut mitään huhuja mitä uusittu P5 tulisi maksamaan? Vanhan hinta oli käsittääkseni 1000USD, eli varmaan jossain tonnin tienoilla pyöritään?

Kari

• Pro
    • Chloroclysta Miata
949 racing ei pystynyt katsomaan sivusta keskihintaisten alustojen kauppaa, vaan on nyt kehittämässä tähän hintaluokkaan omaa tuotetta teemalla mukavin madallettu Miata. Tuotenimenä tässä vaiheessa on Supermiata Tecna, ja tavoite myyntiin pääsylle tänä keväänä.

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=526399
ex-NA8C

[Ode]

• Kerholainen
  • Konkari
Eli FM:n setti on suunnattu täysin katukäyttöön. Veikkaisin että ovat hyvä korvike OEM:lle / Koni STR iskareille.

Itse pistin nyt haisemaan ja tilasin Mamasanilta BC Racingit kumisilla yläpäillä. 730 euroa tuli hinnaksi posteineen (-15% alennuskamppis).

Löytyykö täältä konsensusta jousien jäykkyydestä? Paketissa tulee 8/6kg jouset, jotka ilmeisesti pystyy vaihtamaan tarvittaessa.
Lähtötiedot:
~200hp tehoa, ~205R15 katurenkaat, FM:n kallistuksenvakaajat. Vuodessa noin 20 000 km katuajoa ja kymmenkunta ratapäivää.

Timi

• Pro
  • NA6CET
Mistä toi mamasanin -15% alennuskampanja löytyy?

hrnt

• Guru
Löytyykö täältä konsensusta jousien jäykkyydestä? Paketissa tulee 8/6kg jouset, jotka ilmeisesti pystyy vaihtamaan tarvittaessa.

Jos nyt olisin alustaa tilaamassa niin se tulisi 10/7 jousilla.

Mistä toi mamasanin -15% alennuskampanja löytyy?
Tais mennä jo?
« Viimeksi muokattu: 09.01.14 - klo:00:30 kirjoittanut hrnt »

[Ode]

• Kerholainen
  • Konkari
Joo, meni jo. Maanantaina oli ainakin virallisesti vika päivä ehtiä mukaan. Oisin huudellut foorumille mutta kun huomasin asian samana päivänä klo 23:20 niin meinasi vähän tulla kiire itselläkin..

Timi

• Pro
  • NA6CET
Fak. Tai noh säästin sitten 730€...  :o

pvaulo

• Kerholainen
  • Seniori
BTCFällä on BC Racing kimppatilaus 28.2 asti auki. -20%, jos 20 tilaajaa.
« Viimeksi muokattu: 19.02.14 - klo:11:37 kirjoittanut pvaulo »

pvaulo

• Kerholainen
  • Seniori
Pistin tilaten vaikka ei ole edes mäxää tällä hetkellä

Timi

• Pro
  • NA6CET
BTCFällä on BC Racing kimppatilaus 28.2 asti auki. -20%, jos 20 tilaajaa.

No nyt pitää hyökätä, eli 10/7kg jouset eiks niin? Hinnaksi jää -20% 687€ ;)

Make

• Guru
Saakeli kun on fyrkat tiukalla ettei saa tilattua :)